Practices will be held Monday through Thursday. Each practice lasts an hour and a half (6:30-8:00). Monday and Wednesday practice will be classified as novice. Tuesday and Thursday practice will be classified as advanced (competitive) and wrestlers have to be invited by a coach in order to attend. Both groups will be taught the same techniques but at a different pace and intensity level.
***IF THERE IS NO SCHOOL OR SCHOOL HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR SNOW DAYS THERE WILL BE NO PRACTICE**
Keep track of canceled practices on our fb page and emails.
Practice Room Rules
- No street shoes in the practice room, please change your shoes prior to entering.
- Stop talking when the coach blows the whistle.
- Parents are asked to stay out of the practice room unless you have volunteered to be a Parent-Coach. This will keep distractions to a minimum.
- Parent-Coaches are not allowed in the practice room until they have read and agreed to follow the Parent-Coach Code of Conduct and completed the concussion training online.
- Bring water.
- Take bathroom breaks before practice in order to limit interruptions in the practice room.
- Bathe after every practice – no exceptions (refer to section on personal hygiene).
- First-aid kit is located in the training room.
It is very important that your wrestler bathe after each practice and tournament.
A skin and nail check will be done prior to each tournament by a tournament official. If there are any suspicious mark(s) on a wrestler, they will not be permitted to wrestle. To avoid this situation, if you notice a suspicious mark on your wrestler at any time during the season, you will have to have a doctors note from a physician. The physician release form should also be filled out if your wrestler have a chronic skin condition, but is not contagious. This form should be brought to the tournaments in-case the tournament official questions the mark(s).